Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard disk kaputt ?  (Read 4045 times)

Boas Hansen

Hard disk kaputt ?
« on: March 07, 2005, 04:25:16 PM »
Hi there, and sry for my spelling (Faroese) 8)

I have installed windows xpPro on my 300GB Maxtor Hard disk (SATA) and every thing worked out very well, untill one day when i was playing Warcraft III on the internet, the computer froze -  just like that.
When i restart  the computer the hard disk wont boot Windows. The Bios is configured as normal settings and the SATA port is enabled and RAID dissabled. I have tried to reinstall windows, but after windows have loaded the files (in the installer) and is getting ready to install windows, the "blue screen of death" comes  :-/
Partition Magic can't find the hard drive, it says something with disk error. Dos95 can't find the hard drive eather. The only place the hard disk is showing up is in the Bios, and to do matters worse, he only shows 0GB ! ???

I've tried to install windows on another hard disk (Not SATA) and see if it could find the SATA hard disk, but when windows is loading up, the "blue screen of death" appears : *** STOP: 0x0000007f (0x00000000.0x0000 bla bla bla
I'm sure that it is not my Windows who is acting strange.

HELP ME PLAESE ;D