Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Emergency Help No Powering Internet Sever PC DOWN!!!!!!  (Read 2531 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Emergency Help No Powering Internet Sever PC DOWN!!!!!!
    « on: August 30, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
    I got that it couldnt find my hard drive on my dell dimension 4100 an so with the power off I changed the power cables around.  Know it wont show any life at all I tried a differnt pc in the spot an it works an so does the HD.  I have a multimeter but dont remember how to test the power.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Emergency Help No Powering Internet Sever PC DOWN!!!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »
    I changed the power cables around.
    What exactly did you do? Can you undo it?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 06:57:35 AM »
      I dont know.  I wouldnt be on here, asking.  I changed the cd an hd power cables with the machine pluged in the wall but it wasnt turned on.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 07:12:15 AM »
        Sorry for the frustation, its wierd IO looked at it an noticed that the 20 ATX power connector to the board was loose so its working.  Just alot of stuff going wrong this moring.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 07:14:59 AM »
        My magic has been very helpful today...

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »
          So it seems but when you want to use something you just want to use it an not deal with fixing it.  I need you on another matter not sure if you can do it though.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 07:22:35 AM »
          What is it?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 07:55:02 AM »
            I had a magnet near it an stuff so it was really bad problems happing every where.  Know anything about playstation 2?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »
            A bit.........What magnet? Where?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 08:17:51 AM »
              I made that post in the other fourm, but I had a money clap near the tower an thought. Crap an I think I broke the IDE to the HD in the tower I'm using again or the other one.