Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black screensaver ??? keeps popping up  (Read 4657 times)

Day Z

Topic Starter

Black screensaver ??? keeps popping up
    « on: September 03, 2008, 06:37:57 PM »
    I have a black screen after idling for a few minutes. 

It used to be a firedog ad (from Circuit City) screensaver, but I managed to delete that file (fdscreensaver.exe) by going through safe mode.  I thought that would cure the problem, but now I get a black screen as a screensaver.  I keep searching through the files but can't seem to figure out what to delete.  It's not in the programs and features area or in the list of screen savers. 

If someone could please help me, I'd really appreciate it. 

By the way, I have Windows Vista if that helps any.

Thanks.

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
      Re: Black screensaver ??? keeps popping up
      « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »
      you will need to change your screensaver serttings to a screensaver that is on your computer

Day Z

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
        I did change my screensaver to that bubbles one and set it to come on after 30 minutes.  That black screen still comes on after a couple of minutes though.  I did that whole spyware scan, but that didn't detect it either.  I'm not sure what's causing it.

you will need to change your screensaver serttings to a screensaver that is on your computer

Chris.08i

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »
          Are you using a laptop?
          If you are, it may be your power settings.
          Try checking it out and make sure that you havent set your screen to turn off after a set amount of time.