Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Exception code e06d7363  (Read 5472 times)

JNewcomb

Exception code e06d7363
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »
I installed update service pack 3 . After the install I went to use a software program. When it tried to open I got this error message and it won't open.
The program is a Digitizer pro that uses a dongle.

Exception code e06d7363
Exception flags: 1
Exception address: 7c81eb33
Number parameters: 3
Start up address - 004011A0
offset of exp 7c41d993

I took the program out and reinstalled it but get the same error message.
I can't find any thing on this.
I also restored my computer back to the day before to get rid of the update. Still didn't work..
Help!!
Joe

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Exception code e06d7363
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:21:34 PM »
SP3 might have messed something up.
Try XP repair: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

alan1000

Rookie

Re: Exception code e06d7363
    « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:37:42 AM »
    It might be that SP3 has retrospectively edited the restore points.  I don't know for sure that SP3 can do that, but if you have rolled back to an earlier restore point, and you are still getting the message, it's difficult offhand to see what else might cause it.  If this is what's happened, the damage has been done, and you may have little option but to re-instal a clean version of XP SP2.

The message is a "first chance" error message.  Windows is saying that if you know the C++ language, and you are running a suitable debugger, it will give you the first chance to deal with the error;  if not, it will deal with it in its own way.  The codes tell you where the error is, and roughly what type of error it is, but provide no information as to what specifically caused it.  The basic assumption is that the error is being caused by a program which you have written yourself and have not yet fully debugged.

If you roll back to SP2, and then run a registry cleaner to try and get rid of any lingering traces of SP3 in the registry, that might do some good.  Anything is worth a try.