Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ftp deletion of folders with contents  (Read 6257 times)

a1sysman

Topic Starter

ftp deletion of folders with contents
    « on: September 04, 2008, 10:40:52 AM »
    Hi,

Is it possible to use ftp to delete folders with content at the remote location pls?

Thanks,

N

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
      Re: ftp deletion of folders with contents
      « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »
      Do you mean can you use FTP to log into a site/location and delete files? - if so then Yes.

You would need the log in details of the site/location to access through FTP, and then select them and delete.
      A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

a1sysman

Topic Starter

Re: ftp deletion of folders with contents
        « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:05:36 AM »
        Hi, thanks for the reply pcwizard!

The remote site has variable data which may or may not be within folder structure(s).

I am after a DOS ftp solution whereby I can script up recursive deletion(s) from a given point at the remote location.

Scripting up logging in and navigating around the remote location is already resolved. It is the ability to use DOS ftp to do the housekeeping at the far end that I am struggling with.

I suppose I could get the script to execute a gui ftp client that could subsequently login and recursively delete. That route is slightly more complicated but it's going to be my fall back position if I cannot find a DOS method.

Thanks,

N