Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Satellite X205  (Read 4923 times)

Dilbert

Topic Starter

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Toshiba Satellite X205
    « on: September 23, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »
    Just thought I'd like to say: If you're a gamer, do not get this computer.

We bought 4 of these laptops last year for our family. I have to say, not having to share my PC has greatly reduced the amount of malware on my PC, to the point where I'm not even all that worried about infection anymore. However, those things run HOT when you play a game... or go online... or do anything.

It hit its pinnacle a few months ago when my PC basically exploded - the motherboard died from the heat. Mind you, this is after I've dealt with hard drive death (6 months? Really?), reinstalling Windows twice, calls to tech support, and more WiFi trouble than I care to recount.

Verdict? Get a cheap laptop for working "on the go", and keep your desktop as your main gaming PC.
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Toshiba Satellite X205
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:52:18 AM »
    I've got a Satellite A200, and it's brilliant! :D

It's great for gaming, has a 128mb HD video card, and HD audio aswell...

Dilbert

Topic Starter

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      Re: Toshiba Satellite X205
      « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »
      I don't know about the A200. I do know that the X205 had superior hardware for the time it was new (Nice dual-core CPU, GeForce 8700, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, N-speed WiFi, 17" monitor, blah blah blah...); I think that was its undoing, because as I said, the only thing that seemed to be inferior was the cooling unit.
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."