Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Logging in to a secure website  (Read 2140 times)

mortgageadam

Topic Starter

Logging in to a secure website
    « on: September 05, 2008, 01:27:22 AM »
    Hello,

I am pretty computer illiterate.  In fact it was a pain in the a$$ getting this profile set up. 

Ok, here is my problem.  I work for a large bank and we are able to log to our secure website so that we may work from home.  I am going to describe this like a five year old so please don't make fun of me  ;D.

We basically do a remote log in to get to the secure website's home page.  Then to access our loan processing software we hit a link where another window pops up that requires us to hit another link were another log in box pops up for us to sign in.  And there you go.

My problem is that when I get to the window that pops up requiring me to click a link where the log in box pops up nothing happens. 

I called our internal tech support department and they won't help (i.e. connect in to my computer and "take over" to fix it)  me because I was not working on my bank issued laptop (I was working from my pc at home).  The tech suggested that I make sure there is no pop up blocker enabled.  There isn't.  So, now I am stuck.  This lack of access happened within the last week because I was able to log in before. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Dias de verano

Re: Logging in to a secure website
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:01:18 AM »
    How to get into a bank's system on a non-supported PC. You could be sincere, like all the harrassed moms whose kids/cat/dog/ reset their password, with a beautifully convincing backstory. You may not. We have no way of knowing.  This is far too "iffy" (as we say in England) for you to get any help on here, even if any were possible. If the bank's IT dept will only help you if you use the work-supplied laptop, then use it. Surely you can see why it is not in anybody's interests to dilute a bank's properly setup security procedures and practices. As a responsible bank employee (if that is what you are) you should realise this, which is why I am sceptical. if I am wrong, please forgive me. But still, no help I think.

mortgageadam

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:12:13 AM »
      I suppose I am wording my question wrong.  I will be more general in my question.  Why is nothing happening when I hit the link that allows the log in box to pop up onto my screen?  I checked to see if the pop up blocker was enabled and it is not.  Is there something else that may be causing this?  Something that I may have overlooked?

As for my company issued laptop.  It is currently being repaired, otherwise me having this issue and posting it here would be moot. 

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 03:30:58 AM »
      You have not said what browser you are using. Try a different one.
      « Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:43:14 AM by Dias de verano »