Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IBM NetVista 8307 M42  (Read 5310 times)

vassielinda

Topic Starter

Starter

IBM NetVista 8307 M42
    « on: September 06, 2008, 05:13:35 PM »
    Sounds real silly, but I do not know how to open up my IBM NetVista 8307 to where the HDD is.  I tried from the side, but not enough room to play with.  Also, is there enough space for a second hardrive? 

I want to install a new 80GB Hardrive as the master and use the old 40GB as the slave.  Now, the old HDD is more than four years and seems to be running fine.  I have Windows XP on the old drive.  The new one is going to have the same windows.  I mainly save pictures and retouch my photos.  I rarely play games other than Scrabble or solitaire.

I have replaced hardrives in a Compaq with no problems.  It was easy.  But with this one, I can't even open it up to where the HDD's are accessible.

Are there instructions to open the darn thing? ???

And tell me, what does it mean when the graphics are not aligned when I am on the Internet?  Boxes are merged  or shifted and fonts are overlapping other areas.   Even different colors are shifted; misaligned.   What does this mean?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: IBM NetVista 8307 M42
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »
    Manual: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/netvista_pdf/24p2969.pdf, page #73

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:46 AM »
    And tell me, what does it mean when the graphics are not aligned when I am on the Internet?  Boxes are merged  or shifted and fonts are overlapping other areas.   Even different colors are shifted; misaligned.   What does this mean?

Re-seat the graphics card while you are in there...
    If this doesn't work re-install your browser software...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

vassielinda

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »
      Thanks very much for the manual download.  They don't even show you HOW to open the front panel, only they tell you in writing how to open it.  No illustrations.  But I will figure it out.  As for the grahics issue, I will re-install the graphics card first while in the Internet.  Thank you very much for responding so quickly!!  Have a great week!!!

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 11:45:43 AM »
      What do you mean by "no illustrations"?

[recovering disk space -- attachment deleted by admin]

vassielinda

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 03:49:47 PM »
        OK.  Here it goes.  My hardrive is standing on it shortest end and to wider portion is facing the front panel.  The DVD bay, right above it, is just an inch and a half clearence from the hardrive.  The cables take up much of the space there.  The hardrive is pretty much up front. almost against the front panel.  The hardrive is in the metal cage.  I have no idea how to open it.  The lack of illustrations is a disadvantage.  Those pics you showed me do not resemble what is in my computer.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »
        Well, that's the manual for your computer, so I don't know what to say...