Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I really dont know what to do (Hard Disk Drive)  (Read 6157 times)

zike_42

I really dont know what to do (Hard Disk Drive)
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:54:33 AM »
I dont know and even the tech guys at the company i bought it at know so here it goes:
I just bought a new computer and i turned it on and everything was fine. BUT then it just turned off and when i turned it on it didnt get to startup.  it just said "cannot find a start up file" its corrupt or missing.  so i put the xp disk in and it went to the setup and went fine but when it was finishing it said that it cant find the hard drive and stopped installing.  this is all before the stage where you can use your mouse in the black screen with white writing stage.  so my conclusion is that the computer cannot find or doesnt recognise the hard drive.  please help me, i have tried everything i can think of.

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: I really dont know what to do (Hard Disk Drive
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 03:19:22 PM »
    Friend make sure that your Hard Disk jumper settings are set to "Master", Secondly all connections must be tight. Thirdly change the power supply cale of you hard disk. If problem persist, try to change data cable of your hard disk.
    Hope this will solve your problem.
    Take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye...:)
    DrWahab
    do take care of you and others

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
      Re: I really dont know what to do (Hard Disk Drive
      « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 07:33:51 AM »
      Hi It could be the hard drive is faulty, and check your cable there are two types around that is the IDE cable the hard drive cable should be 80 ribbon not the 40 ribbon. Is the hard drive the only one connected with the cable? If it is only drive connected  with that  cable make the jumper is set to master the two pins nearest to the IDE cable.
      « Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 07:35:30 AM by ojas25 »
      Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers