Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zlob Virus....?, Windows warning message/blue desktop  (Read 6520 times)

xlyesterdaylx

Zlob Virus....?, Windows warning message/blue desktop
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »
So...last night for some *censored* reason my desktop wallpaper turned into a wallpaper with a window design that is telling me i have spyware in my computer and trying to trick me into downloading some software to fix it, i denied it of course. After some research i find that it's something called "zlob virus"? So after trying to fix it for 2 hours into 2AM.

I've only managed to half fix it....i got my desktop back. i was able to change the wallpaper back into whatever i want...but the main problem remains. Occassionally the computer will freeze at desktop when trying to start up, and IE doesn't work, googlechrome doesn't work. Both thinks that i'm offline, but i know i'm online..because firefox works. Which is my main browser that i use.

The problem with firefox is that when i search for something on google, and click on the link i want to go to, another tab or window will open, not to the site i want, it redirects me to ads. Even if i try to manually enter the address into the url box. It will not display the page...other sites work when i do that. But not for when im trying to reach a legit source to fix the problem...

it's like the virus knows i'm trying to find something to get rid of it. Sorry this is kind of long, i don't even know where the problem begins or when it ends.

If it helps..i have XP...i also tried system restore point, but there's no saved point for some reason. ???

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Zlob Virus....?, Windows warning message/blue desktop
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:27:37 AM »