Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keypad not responding and running slow  (Read 2579 times)

Galla

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

keypad not responding and running slow
    « on: September 16, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »
    Hello

I am having problems with my laptop. It doesn't always type the key I have chosen and if I try and use the same key more than once then this doesn't work either, E.G the delete button i cant hold this in to delete or tap it fast i have to keep tapping and hope for the best. this happens on all keys and there is no real pattern to as and when it happens. This is really annoying and has only recently started being like this, I have took the battery out and then restarted the computer and it worked but I have turned the computer off before and it worked and the problem returned when I used the laptop on a different occasion, can anyone help?

The laptop is Siemens Esprimo mobile V5535 and I have windows vista

I am hopeless with computers so any help is appreciated
    thanks

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: keypad not responding and running slow
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »
    Sounds like you may have unseated the keypad connector. They are quite fragile and prone to unseating from any physical stress placed on on the laptop. Check your computer manufacturer's website for dissasembly instructions and reseat the keypad. Or if it is still under warranty, let them fix it.
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/