Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bios wont detect video card?(3 error beeps)  (Read 4466 times)

magician

Bios wont detect video card?(3 error beeps)
« on: March 11, 2005, 04:56:31 PM »
If anyone could help me with this, it would be grand.

My problem started when i came home today to find my main box running swell, but any buttons in windows (double clicking) was delayed. I was a bit furstrated, but it's a older machine (socket 370 mobo in it) with two months uptime so i rebooted it. After the reboot i made up my mind to test this stick of ram i've been planning on doing so since christmas, so i shutdown and removed all the ram sticks but it to see if it would boot with it- i've done this before so i didnt expect much problem. It's the same type of RAM has the other two sticks, but was not detected and i was worryed about memory leaks and slow down. The computer failed to boot, so i removed it and placed it the other two- i got a some warning beeps but with the noise in the room i was unable to tell what they were, but still no start. So i reseated them into 'optium' banks, and rebooted. Everything starts up, but no display.

I get the monitor working (red/green/yellow/blue bar type of display) then the monitor shuts down. So after a bit of refrence and research i fiquered my monkeying around had messed up something in the bios and the cmos, and it wasnt detecting the video card. I tryed rebooting with a older geforce 2 with no results. Then i removed the cmos battery and let it set for about four hours (i've always thought it needed two). Then plugged it back in (with the newer card back in). Thinking it would clear whatever i did, still no go, but i can hear and see everything running still, fans on PSU and all.

It doesnt detect the mouse or keyboard and nethier lights up.

(I've just nowed tryed the method of unplugging cmos bat and all ram with the power ac cord in then unplug cord, hit power button, pop it all back in,plug in cord,go no good)

If anyone has any idea what i did wrong or how to fix it i'd like to thank them in advance, and apologize for the many typos i problary am makeing and if i violated any rules and such of the forum.  

I've only got my A+ cert so i'am still a bit of a noob.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 08:43:44 PM by magician »

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: Bios wont detect video card?(3 error beeps)
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 03:23:33 PM »
    Hello friend, although I am not A+ certified but I have an ide that whats going wrong with your PC. I think that the problem is with your RAM Sticks. Dont remove any other thing. Just remove all the RAM sticks and clean them with dry and soft cloth amd also clean dust from the RAM slot. Now put the RAM back but they must be in specific sequence. If I did remember, the largest size RAM must be in first slot then second. I have no idea that which slot is your first slot. One thing, remove all RAMs and connect only one RAM in the extream last or extream first slot (not in middle slot if any). Now turn your PC ON and check if it works then put other RAMs otherwise change the slot to the other one. I hope that you are getting me becasue you are A+ certified.

Okay do take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye..:)
    DrWahab
    do take care of you and others