Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems With Finding My Videos Off My Mobile Phone  (Read 2759 times)

loobyloo168

Topic Starter

Rookie

Problems With Finding My Videos Off My Mobile Phone
    « on: September 17, 2008, 03:40:10 AM »
    Hi Guys,

I have downloaded some 3GP videos off my mobile phone to my computer.  I tried to play them but had to download and update real player and quick time. Doing this changed the icons for each clip from a real player icon to a pink video camera.  But now when i try and play them it come up with : Windows Media Player Error,   Cannot play back the file.  The format is not supported. (Error=80040265), it then lets me connect to microsoft (i think) but it says there are no errors to dispay, but i still cant play my videos.  And now they are not on my Phone anymore ??  I really hope i haven't lost them as the are of my baby girl.  PLase can anyone help ??

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Problems With Finding My Videos Off My Mobile Phone
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 03:48:37 AM »
    What happens when you open Quicktime and open the video files through Quicktime?

loobyloo168

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:38:55 AM »
      real player comes up with error code 2010, movie contains some invalid data (vid005.3gp)

Call4ComputerHelp

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »
        I have downloaded some 3GP videos off my mobile phone to my computer.

Your pictures are still on your pc hard drive.

If you do a *.3gp search you will find them.

Choose anyone of them and right click. You will have a pop up menu appear, choose Properties.

Under the General tab of that dialog box choose the Change button in the top/mid right. A Open With dialog box appears, now find Real Player (RP) or Quicktime (QT) in that list and "associate"  the 3gp files with RP or QT.  Click OK to close the Open With dialog box and OK to close the Properties dialog box.