Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: window media player, WMP, 2 questions  (Read 3066 times)

seanmckinney

window media player, WMP, 2 questions
« on: March 12, 2005, 06:20:46 AM »
Hello
I am used to WMP on win98SE,  there are some differences between that and the 8. ...... version on this machine running XP. I have done a web search and forum search and cant find straight forward answers to 2 questions.

1) can I simultaneously run several WMP screens or applications under the version 8. ........? If so, how do I set it up.  With the version on the win98SE machine I can have an audio CD playing and/or be watching one or more video clips simultaneously.  The simultanous CD and video 'just happened' but for multiple video screens I have to, in options, set WMP to open a fresh window for each clip. I cant find that facility in the 'new' WMP.
On the XP machine I have, so far, only managed to get one WMP application at a time running, be that video or audio cd.
2) The video clips running on the XP machine are dark, I was having to alter the entire screen brightness etc to see the clips. Yesterday I found the WMP brightness etc controls but they reset to the default with each new video clip. Is there away to change the default settings or disable the reset-to-default-with-every-new-clip function?

Thanks.

Sean McKinney

Corrosive

Re: window media player, WMP, 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 01:02:23 PM »
I believe is is possible to have more than one WMP instance running at once - but I can't remember how. What I will say is that you will (repeat, will) need some pretty tasty hardware to handle it all.

The rest of it, I can't answer. If anyone knows the answer to the last question (Re: video controls) please let me know too - I'm having the same problem.