Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Website/Computer help not sure which it is....  (Read 3119 times)

ander24

Topic Starter

Website/Computer help not sure which it is....
    « on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:05 PM »
    Hi and hopefully someone can help me....

I have a photography website here:
    www.katieandersonphotography.com

Now I was uploading to it, it was lightining fast, no problems with the music everything was great and I was excited.  Then one evening it stopped.  Thought ok, just an internet glitch I will try again in the morning, nope!!!  Ever since it has been horrible.

Godaddy says everything is fine, where I bought the website from says their end is fine.  They say it is the hosting. 

I also find most people say they can access it just fine.  So is it my computer or my cable modem acting goofy.

The ONLY possible thing I can see that has changed is that XP automatically did Service PAck 3.

Is there a possibilty of corrupt flash??  BUT WAIT there is more.  I go to the place where I bought the website from and find others who have bought the same template and I CAN access and navigate theirs Just FINE!!!

How in the world can my computer just give me problems on MY website.....

I could cry and just want to throw it out and start over!!!!

Oh I did upgrade IE thinking that was it.  Upgraded flash to 9 thinking that was it.  Loaded firefox seeing if that would help.  Added 2G of memory, I am now at 3G.  This is a brand new harddrive too.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Katie

DELL Dimension E521
    XP professional
    500 GB Hard Drive

[recovering disk space -- attachment deleted by admin]

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
      Re: Website/Computer help not sure which it is....
      « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:01:14 AM »
      I've just tried to browse your Senior and Family sections but neither page loaded - and I waited around 3 minutes for each.

Music still played fine, and the other sections loaded pretty quickly.

Maybe go through and check all links?
      Is the whole site created within flash or have you got externally linked XML files?
      A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

ander24

Topic Starter

Re: Website/Computer help not sure which it is....
        « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:24:50 AM »
        SORRY!!!  There is NO pics in the senior and families gallerys so they won't load.  I have been so frustrated, I completely forgot!!!

I have gone through everything.  I am now pulling down all the pics and resizing them to 72dpi and then I will have to go from there.

It is all Flash!  :(