Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer beeps  (Read 2285 times)

Mindoverheart

Topic Starter

Starter

Computer beeps
    « on: September 20, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »
    I am running a compaq prisario operating on windows Xp I have opnly had the computer just over a year.go figure no under warrenty anymore....anyhow I turn the computer on and the fans sound really loud It doesn't  connect the monitor,mouse or keyboard then it beeps one time every 10 seconds is there anyone that might be able to help me with this problem pleaseeeeeeeeeee....It is extremely hard to fix this problem when you cant even see the screen.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer beeps
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »
    Welcome.

Can you identify the beeping here?
    www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Mindoverheart

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
      No I cannot be sure what exactly the beep code might be or how to fix the problem thank you

Dias de verano

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 12:44:43 PM »
      All things considered, I think the appropriate answer is, "It's busted, take it to a repair company".

Mindoverheart

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 12:48:01 PM »
        THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE CONFIDENCE THOUGHT THIS SITE MIGHT BE OF SOME HELP

Dias de verano

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 12:54:31 PM »
        OK, have it your way.

Power off, open the case, check that the RAM is seated right, (take it out and replace it carefully), also the CPU. Check these by substituting known good items. Check that all cables and connections are properly made and undamaged, check that the power supply is functioning correctly, check that the motherboard is not damaged. If anything is found to be faulty, replace it. Reassemble and test. Close case.