Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need information about JAVA  (Read 4208 times)

Dr Wahab

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    I need information about JAVA
    « on: March 12, 2005, 03:54:02 PM »
    Hello everyone and how are all of you?
    Freinds actually I just started learning JAVA language. I want to know that can we use Java for advanced network programing (also include hardware programing), virus programing, security programing, interactive programiing? I need this information becasue I am planing to take Java as professional language.
    I shall be very thankfull to you.
    Do take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye...:)
    DrWahab
    do take care of you and others

Corrosive

Re: I need information about JAVA
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 04:13:50 PM »
    Well, yeah, I guess you could. The software on the tills I use at work are coded in Java, and are all linked to a big database in Hemel Hempstead; there's your network programming for starters.

If you are planning a career in this, you may be as well to learn a bit of C as well - this is the language that Java (and most other programming languages, come to think about it) is based on. It should be pretty easy to pick up if you know your Java. You'll avoid C like the plague generally, but for lower level tinkering or for speed-critical apps it's something pretty handy to know.

the_matrix

Re: I need information about JAVA
    « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 12:43:01 PM »
    yeah you could use java for programming.But c++ is better if u ask me.