Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Remember me - scanner problems? A new one and ?????  (Read 2350 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Remember me - scanner problems? A new one and ?????
    « on: September 25, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »
    I realized my old scanner was not coming back to life and bought a new one.  It's another HP.  I installed all the softwear, but now something weird is happening.  When I shut down my computer and then turn it back on, a screen pops up for me to log on as the user.  My computer has never done this before.  When I start it up, it goes straight to my desktop after going through all it's little Windows thing.  How do I get rid of that blue screen?  This computer takes long enough to boot up as it is, I don't want to add anything else for it to do at start-up.  I went to Control Panel, User Accts., and looked at all the stuff there and I don't see anywhere it tells me I can bypass that screen.  I tried numerous things it said for you to do, but I still come up with the blue logon page.  I don't understand why adding that software made it happen - I've been using this computer for years and nothing like this has ever happened.   Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?  I'm somewhat computer stupid, but I have tried everything I can understand to change it with no luck.  I don't like change, my husband is even worse about it, I just want everything to work the way it always has!

I'm praying some of you computer geniuses can help me for an easy fix!
    Thanks - Debby

ChrisXPPro

Adviser

• Forever Learning
      • ACB Systems
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Remember me - scanner problems? A new one and ?????
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
    I cannot remember your computer specs but - let's assume it's Win 2k or XP --- what might let you fix this is to install Power Toys - TweakUI.

It has many simple options which include changing login stage etc ... and so get in quicker.  No guarantee but it's easy to install and should not have any adverse effects at all.

Google "Power Toys" and you'll find the file - it's not big.

No idea why your scanner install would do this at all...  "one o them thangs" maybe!
    Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!