Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wierd Windows XP  (Read 2493 times)

Wierd Windows XP
« on: March 13, 2005, 07:27:20 AM »
Screen saver froze up. Only thing I could do was turn computer off. When I tried to turn it back on; the hdd and cd drives activate but the monitor doesn't. The fans run but the power light doesn't come on. Monitor is fine. ????????

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Wierd Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 09:31:05 AM »
This could be a video card issue... You might try this... Turn off and unplug ALL wires connecting to your computer... Now... Open the compter case on a table ABOVE a tile floor... NOT a rug floor (static electricity), and immediately ground the electricity from your body by touching the INNER netal frame of the computer... Noext, find your video card and try pushing in on it softly, but firmly. After, just put the case back on, and plug your wires back in, and see if it works.

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 01:14:20 PM by flame »

hotrod

Re: Wierd Windows XP
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 06:01:35 AM »
I tried that to no avail. Also took out the battery and let it set for all day. Same thing.

The night it messed up ; it had worked fine all day.  About 2 hrs. later the screen saver was froze and the mouse and keyboard would not bring it out so I turned the machine off. Now it won't turn back on. The hdd light comes on but not the power light???   No signal to monitor.