Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I keep getting sysxd.exe error  (Read 3055 times)

cris_travis

Topic Starter

I keep getting sysxd.exe error
    « on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »
    So this only pops up periodically and I have been waiting for like half an hour but it won't come back up so I can reproduce it but I have seen others on the forum with it.

I tried some of the steps from the other posts and I have logs. Can someone please let me know if there is some crazy infection going on? I am having trouble using the internet so I am running the steps on my laptop in safe mode and saving the files/logs to my flash drive and posting here. I also have to save any installations to the flash drive and open them on the laptop and copy them to the desktop there.

I have Windows XP SP2

Thanks

Cris

[attachment deleted by admin]

cris_travis

Topic Starter

Re: I keep getting sysxd.exe error
      « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »
      I figured i should add all of this information:

What operating system are you using? Windows XP SP2

If you're getting an error what is the error message?
      Basic details on your computer, manufacturer: IBM Thinkpad T60 2GB Ram

When did the issue start occurring? Did you recently install a program, new hardware device, or visit a web page? the issue started occuring about 2 weeks ago. I was getting an error about a rafki.b (or something like that) but found out it was a fake error. I followed the instructions Here http://deathwaltz.blogspot.com/2009/01/fake-security-center-alert-win32zafib.html and that fixed the initial errors but I am still a little cautious about how my laptop is performing.

Please help. Thanks