Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front page  (Read 3010 times)

hank bowles

Front page
« on: March 13, 2005, 04:33:24 PM »
Any one know whay it would say in front page
"can't close service.cnf"  
It won't save or anything?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Front page
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 10:50:09 PM »
    hank bowles......Well to be truthful , after carefully reviewing all the details about your issue.....Oh, but wait , there arent any .......I'll take a wild guess and say to check the size of your site .......you are probably exceeding your storage capacity ....I would check with your website host to be certain ........

FrontPage's dreaded service.cnf error

FrontPage's one-button publishing feature is outstanding--until it comes to error reporting. This week's tip involves a common publishing error and the nonsensical error message it generates.

The error occurs when you're running out of server space. The error message looks something like this: Server Error. Cannot close file "/web/_vti_pvt/service.cnf."

If you see that error, you must contact your Web presence provider to secure additional server space or delete some files on the server, which you can do by opening the remote version of your Web in FrontPage.

Like many Windows programs, the FrontPage Server Extensions require a lot of overhead. That's why you may get the service.cnf error even when you have several megabytes of space available.

hope this helps you ....

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.