Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer wont Get pass Found Pentium 4 processor  (Read 2991 times)

travismontana

Topic Starter

Rookie

Computer wont Get pass Found Pentium 4 processor
    « on: September 23, 2008, 06:32:19 PM »
    My computer had a couple of upgrades on my sis 661-mx, new ram, upgraded to xp pro, changed celeron d 325 to a pentium 4 prescott with HT. all was going fine till I installed some spyware detectors and they told me to restart my system. Well after I did it ran fine, the next morning my blower was making noise, toke it out and turned the computer on, the bios that says the energy star such and such then it goes to Detecting Pentium Processor 2.6 and then nothing goes no further, nothing works, it just stops. now I tried the power supply, took out the sound blaster, the agp card, disconected the hardrives and the same, took out each stick of ram, no beeps just nothing after detecting cpu, I even tried puttin the old celeron back, detects that and then also nothing, do you think the motherboard just died. I ordered a new one from new egg an biostar type like my sis, just a lil different.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer wont Get pass Found Pentium 4 processor
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 07:24:02 AM »
    Possible the motherboard just died, but interesting that it didn't happen until you made your changes and upgrades.  Did you make all these changes at the same time?

I know it is time consuming, but try to take your changes in steps, please.  For example, change some hardware and then boot to make sure all is well, and then make software changes.  Are you sure the board was rated for the type of processor you installed?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

travismontana

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:10:58 AM »
      well the ram was done like over a month ago and the processor last week
      the manual said it could take a p4/celeron d/celeron from 1.5 and up.
      never said anything about only certain types. just wierd that it happened when everything was going ok till the blower was making noise then toom it out then this happened.

travismontana

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »
        well I wanted to get a new computer but the way things are its just not in the budget, I have a 2.61 p4 presscott cpu, 1.5 gig mem at pc400 250 gig hardrive and a 160 usb hardrive, ati 1650 pro 512 mb. so itll be hard to get all new.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »
        well I wanted to get a new computer but the way things are its just not in the budget, I have a 2.61 p4 presscott cpu, 1.5 gig mem at pc400 250 gig hardrive and a 160 usb hardrive, ati 1650 pro 512 mb. so itll be hard to get all new.

you wouldn't need to get all the same parts again, you could always use the same components in a new computer, assuming they are compatible.

well the ram was done like over a month ago and the processor last week
        the manual said it could take a p4/celeron d/celeron from 1.5 and up.
        never said anything about only certain types. just wierd that it happened when everything was going ok till the blower was making noise then toom it out then this happened.

So- if I understand correctly, everything was fine until you removed a fan? That points to overheating right there. Have you tried putting that fan back in?
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

travismontana

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:50:55 PM »
          it was one of those blowers you buy for the case I have other fans this one was just over kill, it was free when I ordered the processor and fan/heatsink. it plugs into the power supply and sits in a pci slot. very noisy