Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network questions  (Read 2609 times)

Majorn

Topic Starter

Starter

Network questions
    « on: September 25, 2008, 06:37:18 AM »
    Hi,

I need some help in describing a network infrastructure. I don't know how to use linux commands(dig, host, traceroute, nsmap, ping) to get the answers to these questions:

1. Identify subnets and network parameters for each subnet.
    2. Identify wireless networks.
    3. Identify important hosts on the network and the services they provide. Identify their OS type.  In particular, find the DNS servers. Which of them is the primary server and whose are secondary?
    4. Describe how e-mail is handled.
    5. How is the print service handled?
    6. How is disk shared between hosts?
    7. Identify the main routers for outgoing traffic from subnets a the domain to the world outside.

If someone have som clues as to how to answer these questions, please share...

Majorn

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Network questions
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:30:34 AM »
    Majorn, this is a homework assignment, right?  I think you should head over to the library and do some research, and learn how to do Internet searches so that you can find this info yourself.

Majorn

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Network questions
      « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »
      Ok... Thanks for a constructive reply, soybean! Appreciate you taking the time to share your view on things...

I'll go on down to the library and learn.. Do you really think that I plan to get my assignment written for me on the internet? Man....

But there must be someone who can help me in the use of Linux-commands? I know which commands I'm supposed to use, and I've read about it on the internet, but what I don't get, and what's not on the internet is how to read and understand the output from different commands.

Thanks anyway....