Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook 2003 (Home version)  (Read 3154 times)

hawthorn

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Microsoft Outlook 2003 (Home version)
    « on: September 27, 2008, 10:25:14 PM »
    I have been having an issue when closing the program down.  After you press the x button in the corner to close the program down, it gets to the desktop screen as it should and then has an error pop up.  The message that pops up says the following:
    "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience".  It happens every single time it shuts down without fail.  It does it on 3 seperate computers all with different hardware configurations and different CD installations and different serial numbers for the product.  We click to send the message to microsoft, but even though we always get the the latest updates off the microsoft site, nothing seems to fix it ever.  It only ever comes up with that message after the program is already closed.

Can someone tell me is this a problem with the Home version of Office 2003 that can not be fixed where everyone gets the message, or is their a setting I can alter to make it so this annoying message stops appearing?
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:38:02 AM by hawthorn »

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 (Home version)
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:10:08 AM »
    Can someone tell me is this a problem with the Home version of Office 2003 that can not be fixed where everyone gets the message, or is their a setting I can alter to make it so this annoying message stops appearing?
    I don't know what you mean by "Home version of Office 2003", since there is no such thing; I believe the version are Pro, Small Business, Standard, and Student and Teacher. But, no, of course this is not normal behavior for Office 2003 or any version of Microsoft Office.

Take a look here.  Did that help?