Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All lights are in even before bios  (Read 2692 times)

neo_wraith

All lights are in even before bios
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:41:10 PM »
My 3.5 and my DVD-ROM RW is constantly on even before bios comes up. I go into Bios it sees my harddrive, and my 3.5, but does not see my DVD-ROM Drive.  The Rom will not respond to eject or anthing else.  My harddrive light is always on, no flicker, same with the 3.5 and DVD-ROM.  Can anyone help me figure this one out.  I have built many computers, but this is the first time I have run into this.  I am thinking I did not place a cable on right or maybe my jumpers on  the motherboard are not configured properly.  Any help would be great!!! Thanks. ;D

pcdoc4christ

Re: All lights are in even before bios
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 09:57:18 AM »
Wraith:

Reversing the data cable on a floppy drive will cause the drive's light to always stay on.

Leaving a DVD or CD in a DVD drive may cause the light to always stay on to let you know there is a disk in the drive.  Try using a paper clip to manually open the drive door by sticking it in the pin hole available for that purpose.

Regards,
Doc
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 09:59:34 AM by pcdoc4christ »

neo_wraith

Re: All lights are in even before bios
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 03:01:09 PM »
Thanks..I fixed it..it was a matter of diconnecting and reconnecting plugs and what not..thanks for the help