Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printing through 2000 SVR Terminal Service ( RDP ) to XP Clients Default Printer  (Read 2384 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
I have a Windows 2000 Server SP4  running Terminal Services ( RDP ), and would like to be able to print content in the Terminal Service session out to the default printer of the client workstation which is running Windows XP Pro SP2.

This Windows 2000 Server has port forwarding to it for port 3389 so the RDP ( Terminal Session ) is working great when starting the session to its IP.

The problem I have is although I went into the advanced properties of the RDP client for Windows XP and have SHARE PRINTERS checked, upon starting the RDP session to the 2000 server, when you look at the default printer, none are displayed so nothing can print.

Does anyone know of the trick to get the content to print from the server to the clients default printer?

These systems are on 2 isolated networks and a port forward is used to tunnel into the 2000 server, so the client cant be set up through share by name or through network neigborhood.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Dave

bcrittenden

Run regedit from the run utility.

Go to the following registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server\Default\AddIns\RDPDR

Create a DWORD Value Named FilterQueueType

Make the Hexadecimal value of the DWORD to FFFFFFFF

If the RDPDR key does not exist log into terminal server and then log out

Make sure to spell the DWORD Value exactly as above

Install the same printer driver on the workstation and the terminal server

Make sure to install the printer driver on the terminal on LPT1

****Warning!!  Post is as is.  If you are not familiar with editing your registry please do not attempt to edit it.  This can cause serious damage to you installation of Windows and could cause it to stop functioning.****