Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can someone help me fix my computer, or if I can't can I get vista on it.  (Read 4611 times)

pabloh

Topic Starter

Starter

My other computer isn't working. Yesterday I downloaded a discography of an artist, I put it in Itunes and I started syncing it into my ipod (it was around 300 songs) and left it to sync. Later when I went to check the screen was shaking (the image not the monitor itself) I turned off the computer and now when I turn it on, it won't go to the loading or log in screen.

It goes to the regular Hp screen when it starts (still shaking) and it say at the bottom: Escape for Boot menu, F1 for setup, and F10 for safe mode. It won't go into safe mode, when I go to boot menu it says

Select a boot first device
    CD ROM Group
    :2nd master: HP DVD writer 740b

"Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter".

Here's some video's (terrible Quality) but it should help you know what i'm talking about.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/Niquie1992/?action=view&current=Computer.flv

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/Niquie1992/?action=view&current=10-04-08_2056.flv

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/Niquie1992/?action=view&current=10-04-08_2052.flv

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/Niquie1992/?action=view&current=10-04-08_2050.flv

Can somebody help me to see what's wrong. I don't have the system disc. I think it's running on XP Service pack 1, I don't think it's media center edition, but I'm not sure.

I went into setup and change the boot priority, but it still won't load.

If I can't fix it, can i just buy Windows Vista disc and install that on the computer, I don't care if I lose everything.

Any help would be great, thank's to anybody who can help.

pabloh

Topic Starter

Starter

Here's a better quality video.  The audio didn't put on right, and it's really loud so you might want to turn off your volume or lower it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIMZ-ZBEK-Q

I tried to use another monitor (the one that I'm using right now and it's still blurry, so I know it's not the monitor.

Please help ?

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      What does first blue screen say? It's hard to read.

pabloh

Topic Starter

Starter

it says.

A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space, if a driver is specified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with you Hardware vendor for any Bios updates, disable Bios Memory options such as Caching or Shadowing, if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced start up options and then select safe mode.

Technical Information

**Setupdd.sys Adress F7eo4AD, Date Stamp 41107C8F

**Stop:0X00000050(0XB0023408,0X00000000, 0xF74E0CAD, 0x00000000)

Setupdd.sys Page_Fault_Nonpaged_Area
        « Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:00:26 AM by pabloh »

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        You will need a Windows CD...same version and Service Pack as you have installed...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mastamind

Rookie

I would find an XP disc and run the recovery console. Run a CHKDSK.

pabloh

Topic Starter

Starter

Now when I turn it on, the screen doesn't turn on and the Keyboard doesn't either the Scroll, Caps, and Num lock button will turn on for like a half a second and then turn off  and the keyboard won't turn on.

But it's on and the fan's are running so is the DVD drive but the screen and the keyboard don't turn on, and when it's on it doesn't turn off when I click the power button. I'll turn it off then turn it back on but after that i can't turn it off, I'll have my finger pushing the power button and it'll turn off for like a second or half a second and then turn back on.

When they did turn on (screen and keyboard ) I'd have to turn it off and on like 5 times, and unplug the power chord.

Broni

Mastermind
            • Kraków my love :)
              • Computer Help Forum
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Experienced
            You will need a Windows CD...same version and Service Pack as you have installed...