Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell 1100 Laptop With bad ac adapter socket  (Read 2731 times)

John1397

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Dell 1100 Laptop With bad ac adapter socket
    « on: October 06, 2008, 11:58:18 AM »
    I have a Dell 1100 5 years old when plugged in to AC screen brightness will flicker all the time and power indicatior icon will switch from ac to battery. I have inserted needle in plug contacts to make contacts come together tighter still will not solve problem and if you hold plug up or down it will work looks like will need to open up unit to see if I have break on circuit board. I can remove hard drive and battery but will I need to remove the LCD screen as well and how difficult of a task will this be?

Thanks John

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Dell 1100 Laptop With bad ac adapter socket
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »
    This would be very difficult if you don't know what you're doing (especially if you've never done this sort of thing before)

Also, I don't think it's a break in the circuitry, but just a loose socket, which is why you have to hold it in for it to charge.

I would think your safest bet would be to send it in, but I don't know what they can do with a 5 year laptop.  :-\