Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Evvil Vista Laptop  (Read 3437 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Evvil Vista Laptop
    « on: October 06, 2008, 02:39:03 PM »
    Guys I need a little help with a job.  I have a tech friend that has a gateway laptop that has vista on it an wants to put xp in place of it.  It has a intel celeron m inside of it.  The thing is it says that it cant see the drive an he installed a driver for it so that xp could be put on it but the same issue still comes up.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Evvil Vista Laptop
      « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »
      I'm sorry but I really need help with this. 
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »
        heres the model #ml6232

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »
          I want to now how to downgrade this machine please.  I'm hitting a brick wall here.  It says that setup did not find any hard disk drivers installed on this machine.  make sure there on an powered.  Setup can't continue to quite press f3

Dias de verano

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »
          Keep on bumping, squall, and maybe in about 6 months somebody will come along and ask "have you got the SATA drivers on a floppy"?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
            No we put them on a cd an installed it from inside vista.  Wasnt too sure if that was important.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »
            Does the Gateway laptop have a floppy drive ? ?
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Dias de verano

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 12:09:11 AM »
            No we put them on a cd an installed it from inside vista. 

Then how will the XP install disk see them?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 05:52:03 AM »
              Dont think so.  Ummmm  he thought apperntly that when the install ran that it would detect it.  So I think I read that you had to make it into a bootable disk an install it like that but it didnt seem to work for them.