Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i think i have a virus and need help  (Read 2239 times)

blaine

i think i have a virus and need help
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
When i press ctrl alt delete and try to open up the task manager a screen comes up saying that the task manager has been disabled by the administror. Also everytime i open up ie it takes a couple of min before it will load it was fast untill i got this virus or bug

truenorth

Guru

Re: i think i have a virus and need help
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:47:42 PM »
    blaine, Welcome to CH forums. You will receive prompt and better service re your question if you post it in the virus forum. truenorth

Ivy

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
    Hi blaine!

Here is solution from the Microsoft article about enabling the task manager :

Enabling Task Manager from Group Policy Editor
    1. Go to “Start” -> “Run” -> Write “Gpedit.msc” and press on “Enter” button.
    2. Navigate to “User Configuration” -> “Administrative Templates” -> “System” -> “Ctrl+Alt+Del Options”
    3. In the right side of the screen verity that “Remove Task Manager”” option set to “Disable” or “Not Configured”.
    4. Close “Gpedit.msc” MMC.
    5. Go to “Start” -> “Run” -> Write “gpupdate /force” and press on “Enter” button.

dslgeek

Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »
      Just a side note. The task manager should be available on the task bar. Just point and right click and it should show in a menu. If not, then somebody has messed with your system! ::)