Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to edit the partitions to adjust memory between drives?  (Read 2776 times)

san_crazy

Topic Starter

Intermediate

how to edit the partitions to adjust memory between drives?
    « on: October 09, 2008, 01:38:35 AM »
    there is a huge dissimilarities between the drives which had been partitioned incorrectly.
    I want to edit these partitions from within windows utilities without using the windows XP  CD.
    is there any such utility?
    I formatted few drives from computer management wizard at control panel, but didn't find the relevant wizard of my need.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: how to edit the partitions to adjust memory between drives?
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:10:11 PM »
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish here ? ?
    How bout some info on these drives/partitions ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

alan1000

Rookie

Re: how to edit the partitions to adjust memory between drives?
      « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:19:00 AM »
      If all you want is to re-adjust the size of the partitions, the easiest way to do this is by downloading and installing Easeus Partition Manager 1.6;  this program is free for personal use, and is by far the most simple and intuitive partition manager I have ever come across.  You should run it from within Windows;  you can use it to create a boot CD, but if you run it from the CD, it will wipe your partions (if I'm not mistaken).  It is a very safe and reliable program and you will not lose your data.