Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Photoshop is Pixelating My Pictures!  (Read 4499 times)

Ashley McQueen

Photoshop is Pixelating My Pictures!
« on: March 11, 2005, 12:09:55 PM »
My high school uses the Adobe programs PhotoShop and InDesign to print it's yearbook. However, when we resize images in Photoshop and move them to be printed, they come out extremely pixelated, particularly if we have resized them from a larger file to a smaller one. Is there a setting that can be changed to lower the number of pixels in the picture, thereby making it less fuzzy? Please respond with any suggestions. Our deadline is fastly approaching! You can also email suggestions to [email protected] . Thank you very much!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Photoshop is Pixelating My Pictures!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »
First, which resolution is your computer monitor set to? Does this happen if you view the file(s) on ALL computers? Also.... Please only submit your issue on only ONE board, to avoid confusion...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

SKETCHi

Re: Photoshop is Pixelating My Pictures!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 12:47:25 PM »
Image > Image Size - Theres a Resolution (DPI) box towards the bottom.

Where are you getting the pictures from? If you scan them, you can set the resolution (DPI) when it gets scanned. Obviously, higher number = better quality.

The problem you are having is caused by a low DPI (dots per inch) or resolution. Most images taken from the internet are at 72dpi, however print quality images, depending on print size, may be 300dpi or more. 300dpi is the quality you most likely want for your yearbook.

Note: Changing the resolution (DPI) of the image will also change it's size. So make sure you change the size back after changing the DPI to the correct size before printing.