Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost Internet connection  (Read 2476 times)

NNEagle

Topic Starter

Beginner

Lost Internet connection
    « on: October 12, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »
    A friend reloaded Windows XP Pro and after which he lost his internet connection. How does he go about re installing the necessary software from his computer. He had bought his computer recently and does not have a restore point created no does he have the CD with the software. Several calls to the internet people with no help at all.He had taken a package from them for a period of five months and has already paid in advance. Is there some way that he could restore his internet connection.
    Eagle

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Lost Internet connection
      « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »
      Have you checked Device Manager to see if the network card is recognized by Windows? That's the first place to start.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
      I don't understand. If he pays for internet, than it's ISP duty to have his connection up, and running. Maybe they're too lazy to come to his place?

NNEagle

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 10:27:35 PM »
        Lazy and also don't care attitude as he has already paid for five months in advance. They have other intentions as well besides being lazy, cheating?

They did not get him the CD which is supposed to come along with the internet connection, the soft ware.
        Eagle