Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft ActiveSync keeps saying that I have Sygate Firewall blocking...  (Read 3967 times)

wildcatgman

Topic Starter

Starter

my phone from connecting, but I can't find that I have that installed on my computer.  Is there something else that it may think is Sygate, but is actually something else?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Sorry, but I think I'm confused. Do you not know you have Sygate on your computer, or what?

wildcatgman

Topic Starter

Starter

I can't find it and can't remember ever installing it.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Start/Search/Sygate...hit Enter.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

wildcatgman

Topic Starter

Starter

I already tried that and it finds nothing.  Here is my error message from activesync.

Sygate Personal Firewall has been detected. Firewall settings can prevent Windows Mobile powered devices from connecting. Get up-to-date solutions to common firewall problems and step by step instructions for correcting them. Please click the following link:
        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65175
        and follow the steps provided to make sure that your firewall is configured correctly.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        No additional known issues have been found.
        If you are still experiencing problems please send the results to Microsoft to help improve future versions.