Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need your help to remove my virus(es)  (Read 4743 times)

whoopiedoo

Need your help to remove my virus(es)
« on: March 20, 2005, 08:20:13 AM »
Ok, my computer would never load the desktop, taskbar, startmenu, all that stuff. and the only way to get programs up is with Windows Task Manager, this has been going on for around 6-7 months. Yesterday, i found out that it was a virus doing this, so i downloaded VAG onto my computer, i ran it to scan my computer, and a bunch of files came up, i didn'y run all the way, but i deleted the ones that were infected, i had a message that came up that said i should restart my computer, so i did, and when i got to log-in screen, i logged in , then for an oddly reason it logged me out, so i restarted and went into safe-mode, and my desktop loaded and taskbar! I went back to normal mode and it still logged me out,  what should i do to stop this problem?

gussery

Re: Need your help to remove my virus(es)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 08:24:23 AM »
Scan it again, and again until it comes up clean.

Then download some spyware detecting and removal software and scan with it.  Spybot Search and Destroy works good for me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 08:25:13 AM by gussery »

whoopiedoo

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 10:59:08 AM »
Scan it again, and again until it comes up clean.

Then download some spyware detecting and removal software and scan with it.  Spybot Search and Destroy works good for me.

i did the search again and it healed all teh infected files, problem is, im in safe mode and im not able to get into the vault, i restarted my comp, logged in, and my comp shuts down, i cant even download those programs in safe mode cause the internet is not working.

whoopiedoo

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 12:16:44 PM »
What should i do, AVG isn't working.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 01:36:03 PM »
Why is the internet not working? Have you tried starting in safe mode WITH networking? If you can do this, then follow this link for a virus scan... http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9913

[glb]Flame[/glb]

whoopiedoo

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 02:51:57 PM »
i did that and the internet wouldnt work, now today i cant do anything with teh comp, i tried to go into all different safe-modes and i would get this blue screen and says like you have a virus, you need to remove, get onto safemode (which i cant) then load this disk and clean whatever, ARG i hate this computer!
Why is the internet not working? Have you tried starting in safe mode WITH networking? If you can do this, then follow this link for a virus scan... http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9913

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 03:12:13 PM »
    whoopiedoo......What is the current state of that pc ...?
    Will it boot up at all .....and do you have a floppy drive in it ?

Let us know

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

whoopiedoo

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 02:00:51 PM »
    whoopiedoo......What is the current state of that pc ...?
    Will it boot up at all .....and do you have a floppy drive in it ?

Let us know

dl65  ::)

the computer will boot up, i just cant get into Windows, and yes i do have a floppy drive.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 05:51:38 PM »

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
      « Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 10:47:40 PM »
      Hi Get Stinger onto a floppy and insert b4 yo boot up this will do a scan and you can delete any viruses you may have.
      Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers