Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: automatic update suddenly off???  (Read 2188 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    automatic update suddenly off???
    « on: October 14, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
    Got a message after having started up the PC that my automatic updates were off which is strange/queer because yesterday there was no problem. Not able to start after following the advise to put it to automatic in the services.msc section. Runtime error....???????

Have: XP SP3, IE70, 4.2Gb asus, 2Gb RAM, Sygate, AVG 8.0, Superantispyware, Spybot

According to these defences the machine is clean...even HiJackThis is "clean" dont see any "suspect" posts there either...but I have the feeling that something is wrong....started the PC a couple of times with F8 and last ok configuration, but that warningicon is still there

Debug says: JScript - Windows Script block and external.ExecuteSelectionMenuItem('Start')

From Java Sun: Verified Java Version
    Congratulations!
    You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 7).
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:51:50 PM by Peterwolfe »

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      Re: automatic update suddenly off???
      « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »
      oooooooooooops, no not Britney Spears but a bugger called Vundo and I really dont get it that it passed all my defences...incredible, but well, Superantispyware came up with it and after removing a new check said clean....as it said before..bah...sorry guys and gals...and suggestions how to make that stuff impossible with all my so-called GREAT defences?????? :'( :'( :'( :'(