Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "FLASH.OCX" ERROR  (Read 3056 times)

DPLOSZAJ

"FLASH.OCX" ERROR
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:00:23 AM »
I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE "COULD NOT FIND THE FILE FLASH.OCX".  WHAT IS THIS AND HOW TO I ELIMINATE IT.  THANKS

jugalboro

Rookie

Re: "FLASH.OCX" ERROR
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 07:45:20 AM »
    I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE "COULD NOT FIND THE FILE FLASH.OCX".  WHAT IS THIS AND HOW TO I ELIMINATE IT.  THANKS

Your information is not enough. Provide us more infomation
    Borolook Web Development and Submission Service

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: "FLASH.OCX" ERROR
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:20:55 AM »
    And it has locked your capslock key as well...

To fix this problem, you have two options. The first one would be to simply uninstall the screen saver. Once that is done the error will go away.

The second option is for those of you who simply cannot bear to part with your screen saver and is a bit more involved.

What you will need to do is find the flash9.ocx file and copy it as flash.ocx.

To do this, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder. Locate the flash9.ocx file and right click it and select copy. Now just right click in a blank spot of the same folder and select paste. You will then find you have a file called Copy of Flash9.ocx in the folder. Right click the new file and select rename and change the name to flash.ocx.

Once complete, the error should be history.

Kudos to Jay Lee.

The issue is with your screensavers...installed any new ones lately ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "