Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dial up problem.  (Read 2143 times)

kula

Topic Starter

Rookie

Dial up problem.
    « on: October 19, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »
    Hi all. Can someone help me, anyone familiar with the error 720 in dial up problem? i tried google all the way for solution but nothing seems working. I was just reformat an acer aspire 4520 laptop(quick format). The problem is, when using LAN network, i can get access to internet. However, when dial up for local ISP, there's an error, and it says that connection to remote server cant be establish, change network setting for this connection.

I have query my modem and it work perfectly fine. I tried to remove network component from add/remove windows and reinstall back. However it did not working.

For information, before this i have already face this problem and after many try i managed to solve it. The solution is to remove and reinstall network component. So i guess maybe this time it will work but it not. and all the steps i done before has been repeated but still not working.

An additional, i tried to install a perfectly working wireless device. After installation, i tried to connect to the internet but still the error is same. It now showing the error code, but definition of the error is same. "Connection to remote server cant be establish. Change network setting", and also it stopped at username and password verification stage.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem without reformatting? Let me know, thank you.

**Carbon, this laptop is same laptop with one on previous topics if its help.

kula

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Dial up problem.
      « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:07:35 AM »
      i close this topic. It still not solve yet, but the laptop owner want it back. if anyone know how to solve it, i still reading.  :-\ :-\