Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer Properties  (Read 5350 times)

Jim Matthews

Internet Explorer Properties
« on: March 22, 2005, 01:04:46 AM »
How do you delete entries in the Internet Explorer Properties Home Page? I only added yahoo to mine but my teenage children have done something and there are about 30 different home pages listed. Does anyone know how I can delete them?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Internet Explorer Properties
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:20:12 AM »
    Jim Matthews....Exactly where are these items listed ?

Are you refering to the favourites list ?  If you are , simply click favourites ....then scroll down to the one you wish to remove ( delete) right click on it and select delete and presto its gone ......

dl65 ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

jim40

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 06:49:42 AM »
    No. When you right click and open the intenet explorer property box you are at the general tab. The first item is home page. I have over 30 listed there. How do I delete those??

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 12:29:50 PM »
      Jim Matthews........What operating system are you using ?  When you open IE6 .........what is the URL in the address box? ( Up at the top ) When you look at properties ......the only URL that will be on the General tab ...will be the site that you are currently on .

Let us know

dl65  ::)

jim40

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 08:23:44 PM »
      Ok I understand that to; however, every one I have been to is in the list. My question is how do you delete them and get them out?????? I don't want every web address I go to listed there in the home page area

jim40

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 08:24:19 PM »
      Ok I understand that to; however, every one I have been to is in the list. My question is how do you delete them and get them out?????? I don't want every web address I go to listed there in the home page area. I am using WindowsXP Professional Edition.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 08:52:06 PM »
        Jim Matthews.......Well I still don't know exactly the problem as you havent answered the questions .......But it's possible it's the history file thats doing it ....so ......open IE and click tools/Internet Options/ now options propertise will be displayed ....so just click on delete cookies , then delete files , then clear history.....now click  apply and ok ......... now they should be gone .

let us know if this is the solution

dl65  ::)

jim40

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 04:21:24 PM »
        Ok let me try this again. I am running Windows XP. I have deleted all cookies and temporary internet files that were on the computer. If you will try what I have tried maybe you will see what I mean:

At the address bar at the top of this click on Tools then on Internet Options. It opens under the General Tab and the first thing showing there - Home Page is what I am talking about. If you will higlight what is there then back space to where all that is showing is http://www.

I have a listing of about 20 different web sites. How do you delete those and if you do then are all the web sites you visit there until you delete them again??

merlin_2

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 04:44:35 PM »
        try windowwasher from webroot com...or delete them manually./?

Whispers

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 10:48:54 AM »
        Do what I do and click "Use Blank."  That way, when IE opens, it's just a blank page.

Or you can click "Use Current" to use the current page as your homepage or "Use Default" to set it to MSN.com or something, whatever the default is.

If the websites keep coming back, you probably have some adware on your computer.  Go here to get rid of it: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Hope this helps.

jim40

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 08:46:17 PM »
        Window Washer does the job great!!!