Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XFX 8600 Gt Troubles  (Read 6167 times)

metalrave

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: XFX 8600 Gt Troubles
    « Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
    just wanna say thanks for replying guys, and the answers and responses to your questions:

The my 6800 is a pci-e as well as the xfx and it is new, and yes i may return it if my screen wont pop up at all with it in. I upgraded my bios and ill see what happens with that. I wish i can try it on another cpu but there isnt any around that i can right now.

For the f8 trick, i cant do it cause like i said i cannot see what im doing, the screen wont come up yet the cpu starts up.

There are no hardware error beeps when i put in the new card, but again i cannot see anything. Any info would be great thanks again guys!

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 01:48:55 PM »
      What's the wattage rating on your power supply?  Dell has a history of putting low wattage power supplies in their machines.
      Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »
      See if you can borrow another monitor and try it out. If the other monitor works, then you know that the card wont work with your 17 inch monitor.

If you cant even get into BIOS, then I would suspect that the xfx was DOA. I would call the card manufacturer and explain what is happening and tell them that you need a replacement card.
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

metalrave

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 05:49:28 PM »
        two things, im not sure what my power wattage would be how can i check that and also how can i get into bios, sorry

JJ 3000

Egghead
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »
        two things, im not sure what my power wattage would be how can i check that and also how can i get into bios, sorry
        To check you wattage, open your computer case and look at the power supply. It is the metal box where the cord plugs into the computer. There should be a sticker on the side that has the info you need. It might say something like: 400W for a four hundred watt psu. Make sure you are grounded before touching any internal components! Static electricity can fry your motherboard.

As for getting into BIOS
        When you first turn your computer on you should see a message to press a certain key to enter setup. It is usually an F key or esc or del. On most Dell computers it is usually F2. Pay attention as the message may flash very quickly.
        Save a Life!
        Adopt a homeless pet.
        http://www.petfinder.com/