Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unwanted URL login Pop-up blocks site use  (Read 2078 times)

Involved1

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Unwanted URL login Pop-up blocks site use
    « on: October 21, 2008, 10:01:18 PM »
    After I open a particular program--itunes.com--a Microsoft-looking pop-up appears over the itunes screen. It is titled, "Connect to content.komando.com". [komando.com is a site I sometimes go to, but the problem exists whether or not I've logged-in to komando.com].

Below the title are graphics of a silver and a gold key, followed by:

The server content.komando.com at content.komando.com requires a username and password.

Warning:This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

A drop-down box has two e-mail addresses, one that no longer exists and the other that I rarely use. Neither is the correct log-in for komando.com.  I cannot type in the correct log-in, even if I wanted to risk doing that. This problem happens EVERY time, even when I am not looking for, or logged into, komando.com.

I have tried to Cancel the pop-up, but when I do it instantly reappears before I can do anything in itunes.

What is this pop-up? Is it legit and, if so, why is it appearing at itunes?

Any help in getting rid of it permanently would be very much appreciated. --David

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Unwanted URL login Pop-up blocks site use
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:17:13 PM »
    Doesn't sound legit as komando is a legit site and wouldn't request an unsecure login...
    Contact komando and then visit our Virus and Spyware section and follow the guide at the top of the page "Please Read this first"
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "