Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I transfer my music collection?  (Read 2664 times)

tboneman

How do I transfer my music collection?
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »
I have a small cassette tape music collection that I would like to transfer to CD. As I understand it, this will involved Line Out from the tape player, to Line In on my PC (Gateway Media Center running XP Pro)

I have looked at several audio programs and have DL'd Audacity. But I can't figure out how to make the software find the Line In music from the tape player. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Wes

senthilvalli

Intermediate

Re: How do I transfer my music collection?
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:22:45 AM »
    first you install nero software.. than you write music collection in your cd.

ALAN_BR

Hopeful

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »
      Hi

I seem to remember that Nero took a few hundred Megabytes on my Hard drive,
      and got really entrenched with a vast number of files and registry keys.
      It did not take too long to install - but purging it afterwards was another matter !!!

Surely there must be something more light weight to copy from a cassette player ?

Regards
      Alan

shashgo

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »
        connect the line out of your cassette player to  the mic input of your PC.  Then when you start audacity, choose mic input instead of Stereo mix in the dropdown.  Now when you start audacity, it will record from the mic