Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Question bout Power supply and Graphic Cards  (Read 2044 times)

xxXplicitP

Topic Starter

Rookie

Question bout Power supply and Graphic Cards
    « on: October 23, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »
    I am planning to buy this Graphic Card

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8983736&type=product&id=1218005635281

and it says in System Requirements it needs "425W Power supply" Would it even run if I only have 300W?

I asked Geek Squad online and they told me it wouldn't even run.

Also for Power supplies If I were to upgrade from the 300W. Will any work as long as it fits in the tower and has the same amount of Pins?

iamyourmom

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
      Re: Question bout Power supply and Graphic Cards
      « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:52:29 PM »
      Of course, you will have to upgrade your power supply. and yes, any would work just as long it fits the case and have the same amount of pins. i would suggest up to 500W or 750W, for that would be enough for further upgrades
      Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

mcxeb52!

Re: Question bout Power supply and Graphic Cards
      « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:06:13 AM »
      425W PCI Express®-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 28A or more

Remember, to check out that the 12 V rail has at least 28A. The 12V rail amperage is important. You could just get by with a 430W PSU with at least 28A on 12V rail and you'll be happy, given that you don't intend to upgrade anything else anytime soon  ;D