Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor help, asap.  (Read 2129 times)

shawna

Topic Starter

Starter

Monitor help, asap.
    « on: October 24, 2008, 12:57:46 AM »
    I really need help with this soon, it's kind of an emergency.  Thanks in advance.

Anyway, somehow I managed to really mess up my computer.  The guy I bought it off of is really good with computers, & of course I'm not.  So, when he was using it, he had two monitors connected to it, & when he sold it to me (I only use one monitor), it still had the screen settings for two monitors.  It hasn't been much of a problem before, but today I was messing around trying to change the color options, & somehow I managed to get it to go back to acting like it has two monitors...

So, all of my desktop icons are way over on the right side of the screen to where I can't see them.  I had to point & click for ten minutes to drag internet explorer on this side of the screen just to try to get help on this.

If I could get to the properties menu, I could fix it, but it's on the other screen that doesn't exist, & I can't find it to drag it back over.  Any advice?

senthilvalli

Intermediate

Re: Monitor help, asap.
      « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:05:09 AM »
      can tou try monitior menu option?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 01:05:47 AM »
      can tou try monitior menu option?

Right Click the Desktop and go to Properties.
      Go to the Settings Tab and disable the second monitor. If that doesn't work, try changing the resolutions.

shawna

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:09:57 AM »
        That's the thing, I can't see the properties thingy.  It's too far over on the other side.  I can't even click & drag it.  I can't see anything on my desktop.  It's acting like there's another monitor, when there's not, so everything is on the second monitor that's not there...

shawna

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:13:43 AM »
          Nevermind, I finally found it by moving my mouse around & I finally dragged it over to my screen, thank God.

Thanks for the help, though.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:15:36 AM »
          At least you're ok now. ;)