Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: EXCEL  (Read 3491 times)

Zain_Ul_Abideen

EXCEL
« on: April 15, 2005, 04:36:18 AM »
Heloo,

I wanted to use the templates in Excel but got a message saying that I could not as macro's had been disabled. It would be useful for me to be able to use the templates. What do I need to do?

Please Help...

gussery

Re: EXCEL
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 05:26:01 AM »
Open Excel, Open Help, type in enable macros, click search, read....................

cigarman

Intermediate
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 07:09:39 AM »
    You could open excel, goto tools and Macro, check your security settings is not too high.  If this is OK, check you Windows user privileges, if you are a std user, in XP you can't record Macros so you have to be at least a power user.

Zain_Ul_Abideen

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 02:51:09 AM »
    THANKS GUYS
    « Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:51:30 AM by Zain_Ul_Abideen »

tracyann

Re: EXCEL every other cell & highlighting
    « Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »
    Hello,

I am new at this and couldn't find a "New Topic" option.  I would like to know how to select every 3rd or 4th cell in an excel spreadsheet (which I would put in a new spreadsheet). What is the formula? I knew it years ago...

I would also like to know how to highlight a column of data (~30,000 + rows) from where I select the start value - down to the bottom, without dragging.  Is there a shortcut for doing this?  Thank you, tracyann

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 12:57:47 PM »
      tracyann........If you wish to start a new topic..........go to the section you wish to start the new topic in .....and .......up at the top over on the right side ......you will see a folder ..and beside it ....."start new topic"

Hope this helps

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 12:59:59 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

tracyann

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 09:56:16 AM »
      Thank you!