Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: scanner and printer problem  (Read 3202 times)

mbahir

scanner and printer problem
« on: March 24, 2005, 06:55:29 AM »
hi
i'm trying to connect ascanner and printer to acomputer through aparallel port,but the printer doesnt wanna work...its an hp laserjet 1100.if i connect each seperately (to test them)..they work fine,but when i connect the printer to the scanner i get no response from the printer when i try to print something out,and sometimes when i try to scan i get this message CANNOT FIND SCANNER..disconnect the plug and power source of the scanner and reconnec them again..AM I MISSING SOMETHING OVER HERE?..its just so frustrating..i'd apreciate the support if any 1 has aclue

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: scanner and printer problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 11:18:24 AM »
If I am right, you need to set the properties on the software for your scanner to know to detect the printer, because it will be unsure of which to use otherwise...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

gussery

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 11:48:28 AM »
How old is that scanner?

Chances are the printer requires bi-directional printing (the computer talks to the printer, then the printer talks to the computer) and the scanner is not allowing this to happen.

This was a common problem at one point in time when lpt scanners came out about the same time as bi-directional printers.

T-Bird

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 02:05:45 PM »
 ???I have printer/scanner problems as well. Should I start a new thread? Don't want to impose. Thanks from another newbie.

gussery

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 02:15:50 PM »
New problem or New Person = New Thread

Thanks for asking.