Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista - pictures problem  (Read 7558 times)

dixieflash

Topic Starter

Beginner

Vista - pictures problem
    « on: October 30, 2008, 07:39:42 AM »
    New Dell laptop, Inspiron 1525 with Win Vista. When I fwd an email that contains a picture the recipient does not get the picture. ?? Tnx for any help. Dixieflash

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: Vista - pictures problem
      « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 07:54:08 AM »
      Is this all recipients or one recipient in particular?  What are you using for email? (Outlook, Outlook Express)
      Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

dixieflash

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:19:06 AM »
        ISP is Comcast, using Internet Explorer. Yes, the problem involves several recepients. DF

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 09:16:01 AM »
          Are you using Comcast's online email?

killerb255

Adviser
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
            Eg0Death's question + how big is the attachment?
            Quote from: talontromper
            Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

dixieflash

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
              I am using Comcast email. A typical picture is say 114 KB (116,980 bytes).
              The emailed pictures appear on my screen but when I fwd it to someone they get the red x. This was not a problem on my recently retired IBM hatched up clone, but now on this new Dell there is the problem. Thanks for your help. DF

Broni

Mastermind
              • Kraków my love :)
                • Computer Help Forum
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
              You need to answer the question, which was asked twice already. What email program are you using, e. g. Outlook Express, Outlook, Thunderbird, Hotmail, etc.?

dixieflash

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »
                Forgive me, I am NOT a computer guru - I can barely use one but I don't know how it works. There is an e within a circle, SmartZone Communications Center: Inbox - Internet Explorer provided by Dell. Does this help? I appreciate your efforts. DF

Broni

Mastermind
                • Kraków my love :)
                  • Computer Help Forum
                • Computer: Specs
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 05:28:36 PM »
                OK, so this is pretty new Comcast web based service, which includes email service.
                I'm totally unfamiliar with it, but I think, your best option is just to call Comcast, and ask them what the problem is.
                You pay for their service, so they should have some solution for you.

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »
                  I just so happens that I have a Comcast account (that I almost never use).

When you attempt to send photos  - in the Comcast email are you clicking Add Photo or Attach Files?

dixieflash

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 07:26:36 AM »
                    The Comcast email I had on the old Win 2K computer gave you both options and worked fine. This new Dell laptop has Win Vista and the comcast SmartZone email only offers Attach Files. I can attach a photo and the recepient gets it. If I fwd an email with a photo on it the recepient does NOT get the photo. That's the rub. Thanks for helping. DF

killerb255

Adviser
                      • Experience: Expert
                      « Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 08:07:31 AM »
                      It sounds like Comcast's e-mail interface is through a web browser. 

Vista has nothing to do with it, then.  Classic case of "A when B = A because of B" logical fallacy. :)

Comcast changed their web page.  You need to call them to find out what's going on, like Broni said.

Alternatively, you could set up your Comcast mail through Outlook, Windows Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird and see if that works around the problem.
                      Quote from: talontromper
                      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 09:51:55 AM »
                        This is what my Comcast mail looks like. 

I have both the Attach File and Attach Photo options.  Does your email look different?

dixieflash

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »
                          No. That's what the screen on the old Win 2K looked like, but that computer slung a hard drive, so I got a Dell Laptop with Win Vista and I guess Comcast devised a new email thinggie for Vista. Wish I still had the old one.
                          I'll call Comcast and try to speak with an Iranian about it. Tnx. DF

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
                            It has absolutely nothing to do with the operating system of the computer.  The image posted is viewed from a computer running Windows Server 2008 and Internet Explorer 7.  The account looked the same from a computer running Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 (beta) and another computer running Windows Vista Business and Internet Explorer 7. 

Do you also receive other services from Comcast, like phone and cable TV?  If that's the case, you are probably accessing a page that unifies your services.