Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP Administrator Sign in Problem  (Read 2660 times)

Anythingwill

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computers, you love and you hate them...
    XP Administrator Sign in Problem
    « on: October 30, 2008, 01:32:57 PM »
    Hello,

Alright, so i upgraded my shuttle hard drive to 250gb. Installed windows on it and tried to get all my settings right. I'm having a slight problem with the administrator, though.

I don't want windows to automatically sign into the administrator so i went to computer management, users, and disabled the administrator. Now when I start up windows it tells me that the account has been disabled. Yes i realise i disabled it, but why do i get this message? Why doesn't it just log onto my other account?

The main reason this is a problem is because even this isn't working properly. 90% of the time this message box only pops up for a second and then it disappears and it tries to log into the administrator. It doesn't ever log on so i'm stuck on the signing in screen forever. What i've been having to do is click the ok on the dialog box before it disappears so it takes me to the welcome screen.

If you've been understanding what i've been saying than do you have any ideas?

If you know how to get windows to automatically log into my user account that would probably work.

thanks

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: XP Administrator Sign in Problem
      « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »
      TweakUI is the easy solution to that problem.  There's a configuration setting that allows you to auto logon with a specific user account.

Alternatively, you can do this in the registry, but TweakUI is just easier. :)
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: XP Administrator Sign in Problem
        « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »
        It sounds like auto log on was set up for the administrator account and by disabling the administrator account it is now attempting to perform an impossible action.  Oops. 

As stated by killerb255, TweakUI is probably the easiest solution. 
        Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?