Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't even turn on.  (Read 18540 times)

baseballst4r

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Computer won't even turn on.
    « Reply #45 on: November 17, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »
    Okay, thanks for your help Fed!

spiderlucci

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »

if you go to www.dell.com and click on Account and support it should ask for your service tag.

type it in... the service tag will be on top or the back of the PC.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I didn't mention about a second video card because i didn't think you had one.. just by the message you been putting here on this thread. what can i say i assume sometimes.. bad habbit :P don't do it... LOL

as for wiping out your HD.. i didn't want that for you just to make sure the HD was ok before we move on

you did say you had a dell? Dell website should give you all the information about your PC, if you have a AGP videocard, PCI, or a PCI express.

spider :)

baseballst4r

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2008, 05:30:44 PM »
      Okay, I'll check out the Dell website. Thanks spider!

spiderlucci

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2008, 02:07:44 AM »
      No problem and good Luck! :)
      let us know how it went too.

spider

baseballst4r

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »
        Okay, I haven't done anything to my computer since I last posted in here, and it is still not working.  In fact, now when I turn the computer on, the monitor will not show anything but a black screen.  I've checked the plugs just to make sure it wasn't unplugged or anything.  So, now even when the disk for Ubuntu loads, I am not able to see anything.  I'm about to give up lol.

Side Note:
        I did go to the Dell website, but I couldn't find the specs on my computer even after entering in my service tag...  :-\