Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Temperature Inconsistincies  (Read 2766 times)

Zarak

Temperature Inconsistincies
« on: March 24, 2005, 10:37:04 PM »
Got an unusual problem, can't explain it and hoping someone here has a clue.

MBM (Motherboard Monitor) and other programs (PC Wizard) I have used to keep tabs on the computer temperature with, usually report the computer running at a temperature 10 Celsius, exactly, than the BIOS Screen (When I shut down Windows XP, reboot, hit Delete at the startup, go to the BIOS Screen, use a screen there to check on the status) reports. For example, if MBM and PC Wizard report the temperature at 61 C, then BIOS reports it at 71 C. This difference is always, exactly, 10 Celsius in difference. I am using an AMD Athlon XP Processor, with a Throughbred Core (Designed to run, at most, 90 C).

Any ideas?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Temperature Inconsistincies
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 12:12:59 AM »
    Zarak.......what are you concerned about ..........the differance in readings ? Is this something that has just started ? You say that both of your software apps record pretty much the same temp? But the bios is telling you something else ....... Have you updated your bios by any chance ?
    Are you concerned that your pc is running too hot ....?
    Do you have a buildup of dust on the heatsink or its cooling fan ?

let us know
    dl65 ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.